Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Peanut Butter and Chocolate...My Favorite!


I am a peanut butter and chocolate lover. I have even passed that trait on to my children. That being said, whenever I see a recipe with those two wonderful ingredients, I take note. I needed something quick and easy to make tonight to take to a church social as part of the refreshments being served. I remembered this easy no-bake peanut butter chocolate squares recipe that I pinned on Pinterest, so I pulled it up, tossed the ingredients together, and it turned out perfect first time... tastes allot like a Reese's Cup. I was quite impressed for something so easy. So if you are a peanut butter and chocolate lover like me, go ahead and give this recipe a try. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. 

Reese's Peanut Butter Bars
(from Let's Dish)

1 cup melted butter
2 cups fine graham cracker crumbs (boxed kind, or grind them in food processor)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup + 4 T. peanut butter
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

In a medium bowl, mix together until well blended the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and 1 cup of the peanut butter. Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9 x 13 pan. Melt the chocolate chips with the remaining 4 T.(1/4 cup) of peanut butter, stirring until smooth. Spread over the peanut butter layer. Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares.

No comments: