Sunday, April 8, 2012

I finally have all my ducks in a row!

Look at this... all the little duckies in a row on this fun baby shower cake...



The awesome customer that I did this cake for went to the Ducky Shop in Manitou (I didn't even know that one existed) and got these 8 little baby duckies to use on the cake, then sent me a picture of a "ducky" cake. She gave me my decorator's free license to design the cake I wanted, and this is what I came up with. 
I had lots of fun making mama ducky out of rice krispie treats...
and learning how to make gelatin bubbles...


Click here for a link to the tutorial for making gelatin bubbles.
and making pearlized fondant ball "bubbles"
My customer, Jeanene, called after the shower to let me know that the cake was a huge hit and that it tasted wonderful (fudge marble with chocolate mousse filling). One of the greatest joys of being a cake decorator is hearing positive feedback from your customers. Thanks Jeanene.

No comments: