Thursday, September 23, 2010

How Awesome Is This!

When I got my new Cricut Cake machine, what I was really hoping to accomplish is to cut out some of my own patterns. Well, now I can do that...I purchased Make the Cut software which lets you cut out anything you want. You just import any pictures from your computer onto a virtual cutting mat, plug your computer into the Cricut Cake with a USB printer cable, and let the machine do the rest. It is truly amazing! Instead of creating my Air Force emblems from royal icing, I can now cut all the pieces out of gumpaste with the Cricut, airbrush them, and stick the pieces together with a little water. It still takes some time, but the design is so much more exact. I'm still experimenting with what food materials I can cut well...so far gumpaste is the best.

Gumpaste pieces layered and cut out
More pieces...
Look at how detailed some of the pieces are...

It's amazing how well it cuts out the tiny letters
Completed seal after airbrushing
and wing emblems...
Finished product with SugarVeil flag...chocolate with chocolate mousse and vanilla with raspberry mousse
Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting
Chocolate cake with fudge filling

No comments: