Sunday, April 19, 2015

Whistle While You Work...or Zing goes the strings of my heart...


Either way, I almost felt like singing while I was decorating these cookies. These are my yummy 4 inch sugar cookies with poured fondant and musical decorations cut out with my Zing electronic cutter. For these cookies, I piped a dark chocolate border and then filled them in with poured fondant. Then, I simply placed the musical notes and treble clefs that I had cut out the day before on each cookie. For those of you that regularly follow my blog, you know that I very seldom use black in my decorating, but instead use Hershey's Special dark cocoa, or Satin Ice dark chocolate fondant. Both taste soooo yummy, and pretty darn close to being black without the nasty taste. For the sugar cookie and fondant recipes, click here

It just works easier if you put your fondant in a squeeze bottle to fill in the cookie tops, so a while back when I was at Sam's, I bought these cool large squeeze bottles with a much larger opening and they work so much better than the old small ones I had. A little over 2 bottles full did all 3 dozen cookies! The trick is to keep the fondant warm, so when it begins to cool off, just stick your bottle in the microwave for about 20 sec. or so, and you're good to go. 
Decorations cut out with Zing electronic cutter... I LOVE my ZING!

Comparison of the 2 different sizes of squeeze bottles.
Cookies after borders are piped.  
  
             Use squeeze bottle to fill inside the piping.

Use toothpick to coax fondant into the right areas.

Cookies covered with fondant.
Place decorations on fondant. If fondant has set, you can use just a bit of edible glue to attach the pieces.
 Finished cookies



No comments: