Saturday, June 1, 2013

New tools to make a decorator's life easier...

Rolling out my gumpaste and fondant/modeling chocolate to the right thickness by hand...a thing of the past. I've been debating on whether or not to buy a pasta roller attachment for my KitchenAid for some time now, and I finally made the decision to buy one. Why didn't I do this a long time ago? What a time saver this new tool has been. Just a couple of days ago, I made this humongous wedding cake...6, 8, 12, and 16 inch square tiers. The 8 and 16 tiers were covered with ruffles that were half modeling chocolate/half fondant (tasted really yummy), and I ran the combination through my pasta roller attachment and then cut the ruffles out with this new handy dandy double frill ruffle cutter. With a little thinning out of the edges, they were ready to be placed on the cake. The pasta roller is also great for rolling out gumpaste very thin to use with my Cricut Cake, and to make flowers, and to roll out modeling chocolate or gumpaste to use with my Tappits letter cutters.


The finished product...






No comments: