Monday, October 15, 2012

Another Buttercream Icing Recipe

Occasionally, I have been using another buttercream icing recipe. This is another recipe that I got from Minette Rushing, owner of Custom Cakes in Savannah Georgia. A friend of mine hooked me up with Minette on Facebook. She does absolutely incredible work and I have incorporated many of her ideas and recipes into my work. This icing requires the use of high-ratio cake and icing shortening for the best results. It turns out super smooth. It is a non-crusting buttercream, so if you want to transfer a pattern onto the surface, you need to refrigerate the cake until the surface has hardened.

Minette's Buttercream Icing

1 lb. high-ratio cake and icing shortening
1 lb. lightly salted butter (softened)
2 lb. sifted powdered sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
Flavoring to taste (I used butter vanilla flavoring)

Beat shortening and butter together on medium speed until white and fluffy (several minutes). Add flavoring and salt, and beat. Add powdered sugar and combine on low speed until fully incorporated and very smooth. 

Here is a youtube video by Minette showing the process...





No comments: