Friday, May 11, 2012

Experimenting with New Recipes


I never tire of experimenting with new recipes, so when I get a request for a new appetizer for a catering job, I get really excited. Today, I tweaked a recipe for stuffed cucumber cups...turned out so yummy. I decided these could be done with a variety of nuts, even though the original recipe called for walnuts. So I tried almonds also, but still liked the taste of the walnuts when it was combined with the taste of the blue cheese. 



Here's the recipe...

Stuffed Cucumber Cups

1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
3 T. sour cream
1 T. minced green onions or chives
1/4 t. seasoning salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 cucumbers

Using a zester, score the length of each cucumber to create a striped effect. Remove the ends and cut each cucumber into 3/4 inch rounds. Using a small melon baller, scoop out the seeds from the center of each round to form a cup. Reserve a few of the walnuts as a garnish. Combine remaining ingredients and stir until well blended. Spoon the mixture into the cucumber cups and sprinkle with remaining nuts. Chill until serving time. 

No comments: