Thursday, June 24, 2010

Carrot Cake from Spice Cake Mix


My daughter-in-law asked me for a carrot cake recipe using a spice cake mix. I usually make my carrot cake from scratch, but here is a great recipe to use if you're in a hurry, and would like to make a carrot cake from a mix. I have tried the carrot cake mixes and don't like any of them, but using the spice cake as your base seems to work well.

Simply Carrot Cake

3/4 cup oil
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
4 large eggs
1 box Duncan Hines spice cake mix
1 box vanilla instant pudding
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups grated carrots
1 cut chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Cream oil and sugar, add water, eggs, then dry ingredients. Fold in carrots and nuts. Pour into greased floured and lined pan(s). Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool and top with cream cheese frosting. Simply super good!

No comments: