Thursday, October 22, 2009

Icing Under Ganache

Tuesday was my daughter, Paula's 26th birthday, and so she invited a few friends over for cake and ice cream. The cake she requested was vanilla with chocolate mousse filling, covered with a dark chocolate ganache. I filled the cake with two layers of the chocolate mousse and put a layer of rich chocolate buttercream in the middle. I also iced the cake with the chocolate buttercream, which made the chocolate ganache go on much smoother. The cake was just what Paula ordered, and was a hit with her friends. Happy Birthday, Paula!






2 comments:

Ariana said...

Your cake looks beautiful, and it sounds delicious! I love it!

Tiffany said...

Cathy, it's so pretty. You'll have to tell me how you did that because I did the same thing on a friends cake and the ganash melted the chocolate frosting and it all went in a puddle at the bottom, she said it still tasted good though.