Friday, March 23, 2012

Making Chocolate Fondant...

My daughter Paula wanted me to video making fondant in my Kitchenaid as a reference for her, as she is making fondant for a cake that she is doing for my granddaughter's 3rd birthday ...something about a platypus. Those of you who have young children will know the character she is making, I'm sure. She is making regular fondant, not chocolate, so will need to add 6 cups of powdered sugar instead of 3 cups, and leave out the chocolate, of course. You will notice that I have added one more ingredient in this chocolate fondant than what I had previously. I have found that if you add 1/2 cup of melted chocolate chips to your melted marshmallow mixture, and then add the 1/2 cup cocoa to the sugar, that it will give your fondant a richer chocolate taste. I like the Ghirardelli bittersweet chips to give a nice dark finished fondant, but  you can also use a semisweet or milk chocolate chip if your prefer. Anyway...since I'm not experienced in taking videos with one hand while trying to make fondant with the other, there are 8 segments here...hope you get the idea...enjoy watching...










No comments: