Sunday, July 17, 2011

Experimenting with smaller cake pops...

I had some cake and icing left over from a chocolate lover's cake that I delivered yesterday, so I experimented in making smaller cake pops to see if I could eliminate some of the problems I encountered on the last order. Sure enough, my problems were solved. Here are the things I did differently...


I used a small cookie scoop...1 1/4 inch size, then rolled them into balls. 




After inserting the sticks, I refrigerated them for only 15-30 minutes before dipping them. This made less difference in the temperature of the cake pops and the chocolate coating. I used the same chocolate that I use for my chocolate fountain. It is thinner, drips off easier, and sets up quicker.



No cracking, no oozing, and fit into the pre-made 3x4 treat bags perfectly, which made packaging allot quicker and easier. See, anything can be solved with a little practice. Here are the finished products...




No comments: