Monday, March 21, 2011

Horse Cookies...


Last Saturday evening, we delivered a little 2 tier wedding cake for a small Sunday wedding, to a ranch in Peyton, CO.  The customer, Barb, was a  mature bride (actually she was exactly my age), who was a horse breeder. After showing her how to set up the cake stands, she asked if Bruce and I would like to go see the horses. So knowing how much Bruce would love that, we stayed a few minutes to visit with the horses. Barb gave Bruce and me each a handful of horse "cookies" that resembled hard little tootsie rolls, and off we went to meet and treat the horses. They were all beautiful. Barb introduced us to all of the eight horses, and gave us a brief history of each one. And I bet you thought cake deliveries were only about cakes, and that I only worked with sugar cookies. Now you know the rest of the story...

No comments: