Sunday, May 9, 2010

Cinderella Wedding Cake

Yesterday, I catered a wedding for 150 at the Air Force Academy Milazzo Center. As part of that, I designed a wedding cake for 230, complete with a brunette Cinderella and Prince Charming cake topper and a glass slipper that we positioned on the bottom tier. The cake was done in fondant with the square tiers "quilted" and scroll work on the round tiers done in my Hershey's special dark "black" buttercream. Not only does it taste great, but it does not bleed on the icing or fondant underneath. Before discovering the special dark cocoa, I would have never even considered using black frosting on a wedding cake. The cake flavors were banana split, chocolate mint with chocolate mint mousse filling, lemon with cream cheese and fresh strawberries, and German chocolate with coconut pecan filling. The catered items included cream cheese chicken over rice, buttered green beans with almonds, homemade dinner rolls, Caesar salad, and a strawberry topiary tree. My friend, Nancy did a terrific job of completing the tree with the 300 doubled-dipped strawberries. It was huge hit with the guests!





1 comment:

Jane said...

Hi Kathy! I just sent you am email, I just wanted to leave a comment to make sure you get it. Thank you!