Sunday, September 21, 2008

Here's your sign...

Yesterday we delivered a wedding cake and we chuckled at some of the comments we were getting. First, as I was assembling the cake, the wedding coordinator (that's another subject for a blog post) looked at the cake and said, "Why do you need to put those plastic dowels in the cake?" Duh...so the cake won't fall, so the tiers won't sink into the ones they're stacked on, so the cake stays level...a strange comment I thought to come from a wedding coordinator who must know something about wedding cakes. Next, I was putting the finishing touches on the cake and a gal from the bridal party comes over, stands in back of me and looks directly at the cake and asks, "Is this the wedding cake?" I kid you not...it was all I could do to keep my mouth closed and not reply... I could have said, "Oh my gosh, I brought the wrong cake. This is the birthday cake. The wedding cake is at the little boy's house down the road," or "No, this is the wedding gown, the bride is wearing the wedding cake." I was so proud of myself for not saying anything. Last of all, a young girl was watching as I was putting on the borders at the back of the cake, and she asked, "Would you like me to spin the cake?" I replied, "No thank you, it would mess up the tablecloth." I'm afraid some people forget to think before talking...to each of them..."Here's your sign"...wear it proudly.


Another Cheyenne Canon Inn cake delivery

No comments: